5D Building Information Modeling refers to the integration of cost related information along with the time into the 3D BIM model. With 5D Cost Integration we can calculate the overall cost incurred during each phase of construction.
How Construction Companies benefits from 5D BIM Services?
When the cost dimension is linked to the 3D BIM model, any changes made into design are immediately reflected on the total budget. This helps the architects, engineers and contractors to make changes in the design according to the budget and also plan the construction according to the budget of the owner.
Following are the advantages of implementing 5D BIM Services:
- Total cost can be estimated in the pre-construction stage.
- Design changes can be made according to the budget.
- Helps to find the potential spots in a building which add up additional cost.
- Predict how change in design affects cost and schedule of a project.
- Provides risk analysis for a project and accurate cash flow forecast.
- Pre-plan crew composition, labor productivity rates and Sub KPls
With the effective implementation of 5D BIM services, the Architects, Engineers and Contractors can work collaboratively to achieve quality, timely delivery and cost efficiency for a project.